Wednesday, November 28, 2012

L is for ...

It's Wednesday again, and you know what that means—another ABC Challenge mani.

L is for ... Lemur Catta aka the Ring-Tailed Lemur!


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound ABC Challenge hand drawn painted L is for Lemur Catta Ring Tailed Ring-Tailed animals primate tail stripes black white green gold orange

I think lemurs are some of the most adorably weird creatures. I think of them as a combination of a koala, a cat, and a dog. Yes, that's silly of me. But they have the furry fluffy coloring of a koala, the slinky graceful body of a cat complete with long twitchy tail and there's something oddly reminiscent of a dog in their face. I think it's the long muzzle-like nose and the big expressive eyes. Look through some pics of ring-tailed lemurs and tell me I'm not right!


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound ABC Challenge hand drawn painted L is for Lemur Catta Ring Tailed Ring-Tailed animals primate tail stripes black white green gold orange

I decided on a green background for these nails. When a lemur isn't in the trees, they're usually bouncing around in the grass. Green seemed like a good idea. I used two coats of Sinful Colors Exotic Green then mixed it with a little white and used my eyeshadow applicator to dab on the lighter green. You know how I love my texturing. :) The rest, lemur face and tail, were all hand drawn.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I love lemurs! This is too awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable and you painted it really neatly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vee. I was extra careful with this one since it used a lot of white. Everything shows up on white even things I wish didn't, lol. :)

      Delete
  3. This is great! I love that you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you do these yourself or do you have someone else do them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do all my nail art myself. I do some color swatches and stamps but most of it is all hand-painted. :)

      Delete
  5. awe some!!!i love dark colors ..its seems to be a perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. just now seeing this! oh my gosh it's so cute!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?